To update for those of you who don't have the full info on the Power of Chaos Demo.
1. You only get 1 deck to play with, no editing, no swaping cards, you have 1 fusion card - Metal Dragon. And your opponent has - Dragon Knight Gaia. For those who've asked, NO THE GOD CARDS ARE NOT IN THE DEMO.....
And you don't add the card you win to your deck. [Exodia or Dark Magician]
[See Deck Below]
2. On my PC if I select scissors I go first 4 out of 5 times. I've played it just over 20 times and win 4 out of 5 times. Due to the crap deck you get. And bad mouse clicks.
3. You battle Yami Yugi. And his deck is a little better. (He has Raigeki, Swords of Revealing Light, and 2 Curse of Dragon Cards.) But his skills aren't that great. He has no problem inflicting damage on himself. And playing Yami when it only bumps your monsters up, even to a point where he can't touch them.
4. On my PC the cursor is very jumpy, I'll set it on a card and it will jump across the screen to another card. Making mistakes happen as I'll click before it moves and i'll end up playing the wrong card. (And it's not just my PC. It's in the game for some others as well.) This problem has somehow managed to fix itself. As I have made no changes to my PC.
5. Win or lose you go back to the start and duel Yami Yugi all over again. Overall the graphics are good. The music is decent. The mouse problem sucks. And it gets boring playing the same card game over and over without making changes.
6. It is a 90-day trial and it is set to stop playing after that time and reinstalling it won't make it work after that. (Unless someone is willing to put the effort into cracking that part.)
7. The only info given for type of monster cards, like Earth / Dark / Light, is the icon on top of the card which you can't read. Newbies will have trouble until they get familiar with the different colors. Hope this changes in the retail version.
To sum it up as a program it's allright - it's difficult to find as it is somewhat limited right now. It will spread if people are willing to share it. I wouldn't kill yourself trying to find it. And if you don't get it before the real thing comes out your not missing a whole lot. The money spent on the magazine is well worth it. And the demo disk is pretty nice to look at, I guess. I've put all the different screenshots up on my picture site. So you can see what your missing. Page=6 , Page=7.
(Notice the Summon pic - This card determines victory or deteat !!)
Overall I'd give it a 3 out of 5. I take more enjoyment out of having the actual CD than I do the game itself. But I am looking forward to the retail version even more because of the Demo.
Trap Hole (x2)
Celtic Guardian (x2)
Steel Ogre Grotto #1 (x2)
Beaver Warrior (x2)
Silver Fang (x2)
Skull Red Bird (x2)
Lesser Dragon (x2)
Mammoth Graveyard (x2)
Two-Pronged Attack (x2)
Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress #1
Neo The Magic Swordsman
Man-Eating Treasure Chest
Change of Heart
Giant Soldier of Stone
Sorcerer of the Doomed
Sword of Dark Destruction
(1) Card that I haven't figured out yet. It's probably an extra copy of a card above.